Dear Friends and supporting churches, October 2010
I am writing just back from the states. I went to the states to see my youngest son, Nathan, get married to a sweet, godly young lady, Tiffany Jasper. I had the privilege to travel to the US with the help of one of my faithful supporting churches in Virginia. God allowed me to be in attendance at the wedding in Louisiana. The ceremony honored the Lord and the couple was united in marriage by Pastor Isbel of Baptist Tabernacle in Shreveport, Louisiana. I thank the Lord that Nathan and Tiffany are dedicated to continue their Bible college education at BBC in Springfield, Missouri and then come to the mission field of Tanzania in the near future. The need is great here in Tanzania and with Nathan’s command of the Swahili language and the Tanzanian culture, he and Tiffany will be a tremendous help with Team Tanzania in East Africa. Souls won to Christ, young believers baptized and then discipled by trained disciplers: this does not just happen without the power of the Holy Spirit and the faithfulness of dedicated, trained Christians. As a “mentor” , I know the time it takes, the prayer, and the preparation of my heart and spirit. Nathan and Tiffany are greatly needed here to win souls, disciple, and plant churches in areas which have no or little true gospel.
When I returned, I had the privilege to lead a young lady to Christ. She is from an Islamic background and is a widow of an Islamic man. She was imprisoned by this life but after her husband died she moved close to our church in Oloirieni. She came with one of our faithful members and heard the gospel. She knew she needed a Savior. She knew she was lost going to Hell if she died. I had the privilege to show her from God’s Word the words of life and of salvation. She accepted the Lord that day and now wants to grow in her faith. Her name is Neema, which means grace. God has given her grace!
In my last newsletter, I told you of Mariamu, a young Islamic lady who needed to be saved. I want you to know that she was saved the week I returned to TZ!! She had heard the gospel many times and knew she needed Jesus as her Savior. She was lead to the Lord by my sweet friend, Mama Glory, who is a soul winner! Praise the Lord for His faithfulness to us!!
My teammates and I are praying for a piece of land to build a new church in the Arusha area. Pray with us to know where this new church will be planted. Many areas are without a good gospel preaching church. Pray that God will direct us in the area He wants us to plant this new church plant.
We have an opportunity to purchase an adjacent piece of property to the city church in Arusha. The owner wanted over 100,000 USD but now has asked 50,000 USD for the property with 5000 USD for a secure fence. Pray with us about this property and if you can help, send the funds to the BBFI mission office marked “property in Arusha.” Thank you in advance for your help.
In His service,
Joanne Foltz
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment