Well, as I write I am trying to get all of my affairs in order and start to pack for 7 weeks in the states. I hate leaving as I feel I have just arrived. So much to do here, but my youngest son is getting married, so it is imperative that I go and participate. I want to see family and visit a few churches and report. I am so torn between here and there. Tonight they had a small party for me and for Nathan's wedding. They hate to see me go and I hate to go. The last time I left, I left with Tom sick and prospects of not ever returning, but only God allowed me to return to my "home." I am happy to be here and minister with the ones God called me to. I am torn between my homeland and my home. I know I will return and He will give me the wisdom and safety necessary, Lord willing.
Home. It is a strange word. Now my definition has changed a bit since Tom's homecoming because now, Heaven seems more and more like home. As I think of my Lord and my "home" in Heaven, this earth seems not so much home anymore. I want to be faithful to Him as long as He gives me breath, but some day, I will breath new air. God is so good to give us eternal life with Him. Home. Home sweet home.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment