Dear Friends, August 2010
Hafsa is a young married woman who is pregnant with her first child. She is Islamic and is living next to our city church. She has come several times to the church for special events, she has been visited by various ladies of the church, and she has heard the gospel several times . . . no decision yet for Christ. I have personally talked with her time and time again, with love and with trying to pave the way for her to hear the gospel one more time. She needs the Lord. Pray for Hafsa so that she will open her heart and ears to the Lord Jesus and to the “life- giving gospel.”
Mariamu is a young teen who is Islamic. She came to Arusha to help a young mom with her kids. Mariamu is quiet and very unassuming but she is listening. She comes to church each Sunday with her employer and she is aware of what is happening but no decision for Christ yet. I have personally asked her about her life and if she has any questions about salvation through Christ. One Sunday at invitation time, I leaned over to ask her if she understood the gospel. She says she does not understand yet and is not ready to make any decisions. Pray for Mariamu. She is listening and she is open but not ready for accepting Christ yet. Pray that the Holy Spirit will convict her of her sins and help her to “be open-eyed” to the gospel of Jesus Christ. She is blinded by the religion of Islam and her parents have a hold on her loyalties.
Mama and Baba Megan are the parents of one of our students at Bible Baptist Academy. I went with one of our faithful ladies to visit Mama Megan and was surprised to have both parents willing to sit with us. We talked about the school and about their two children. Then I turned to Mama Megan and started to share the gospel, but was surprised that Baba Megan was intent in listening too. I asked her if she wanted to accept Christ and she said yes. I turned to Baba Megan and told him that I was wondering if I should ask one of the men of the church to come and lead him to Christ, which is very cultural in TZ to do. He said no, he was ready!! I was thrilled as they both accepted Christ that day!!
Hope. The Bible talks about hope in Christ. That is why I am in Tanzania. To give the gospel to ones who do not have hope. Many are relying on family, government, friends, or religion to give them hope. Leading ones to the Lord is the heart beat of all of the varied ministries in Arusha.
Ministry opportunity. We are trying to purchase additional property in Arusha for ministry. It is $55,000 and we ask you to consider this and help us purchase this prime piece of property.
Thank you for your prayers and support of the ministry here in Tanzania.
Joanne Foltz
Friday, September 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment