Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Philippines/my new adventure in 2011

My father served in the army during World War 2.  He always talked of the Philippines as a place he might like to visit someday.  I know his time there was not a vacation or a business trip.  He served with a lot of brave men and women who gave their lives trying and successfully, freeing the people of the Philippines from the Japanese.  He fought and he suffered.  I know he had a hard time talking about the war and the things he saw firsthand.  I heard the stories and the heart felt memories from my dad and I always thought I might go to the Philippines some day.  Not as a missionary but to see the same mountains and valleys and coastlines that my father saw so many years ago.

I have the opportunity to go to some meetings in the Philippines in February of this year.  I am so excited!!  I want to go tomorrow but my plane is not leaving for about six weeks.  I will be in the city of Cebu City.  I don't know if my dad was there or not, but I dream he was.  I want to smell the smells, drink in the culture and enjoy the islands.  God has allowed me to go but it will be a sacrifice of funds and of time.  I know though , God will bless the time there.  I will see a great church built by a pioneer missionary, Bob Hughes.  My dad has probably met him in Heaven.  I am sure my dad also has met many Philippino believers in Heaven too. 

I am really looking forward to this live changing trip.  Pray that God will bless and will provide for this trip.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds incredible. I wish I could remember every conversation I had with Grandpa. He was a great man. I am so glad you will get to experience some of the places he spoke of. Best wishes in your travels.
    Love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete