Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Newsletter March 2011

Dear friends and supporters, March 2011




Thank you so much for all of the prayers for me the last few months. I am in the states now on a short three month furlough. I was privileged to go to the Philippines for the BBFI global meetings in Cebu City. I was blessed by the ministries at Bible Baptist Church in Cebu. I had nine unbelievable days being ministered to and ministering to others. God has truly blessed the faithfulness of the BBFI missionaries and the national pastors/Christians in this truly remarkable church lead by a national pastor since the late 60’s. I was able to be part of their visitation ministry, taught a Sunday School class, talked with many Bible College students about their futures on the mission field, counseled several young ladies, and prayed with several about Tanzania as their future mission field. God truly blessed all of the fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ in Cebu. Thank you to those who helped me go to Cebu, for the ones who prayed for my travels to the Philippines and then to the states for furlough. I return to TZ in June.



I am in Florida at this time and will be in supporting churches until the first part of April. In April, I make my way to Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan for the whole month of May. The first part of May, I will be traveling to Missouri for Fellowship Week when my youngest son and his wife will be approved as TEAM missionaries to Tanzania through the BBFI. Then in the same week, Megan, Nathan and Tiffany, Nathan’s new wife, will be graduating from Baptist Bible College. And if that is not enough, on Saturday after graduation, Megan is getting married to Jeff Jones, who is a 2009 graduate of BBC Springfield.



God has given safety on the road, provision in my needs, and a peace that guides me daily from His Word and His Spirit. I appreciate your prayers as I continue this short, but intense furlough. This is the first time for me to travel by car alone without Tom. I know that some drivers may think I am talking to myself when they pass me in the car, but the Lord and I are having lots of good conversations as I travel down all the highways. My dad always said, “There is no love on these roads, but only the love of the Good Lord.” I agree.



Joanne Foltz

Missionary to Tanzania since 1997

P O Box 191, Springfield, MO 65801





No comments:

Post a Comment