Wednesday, March 23, 2011

On the Road Again, Furlough

In the past, Tom drove the long miles of deputation and then furloughs.  As he drove,  I talked, watched for signs, looked up things on the map (before the days of GPS) , and would give him a break from driving so he could take a nap.  I now appreciate his willingness to drive more than ever since now I am doing the same but without him.  I have driven from Missouri to Louisiana and now I am driving around Florida.  Long miles with the radio, gospel CDs, and the Lord to keep me company.  I talk to the Lord out loud now days more than ever.  I am sure some drivers think I am talking to myself but I keep an "open line" of communication going with the Lord.  Since most states frown on cell phones being used when driving, I try to keep that to a minimum but they cannot stop me from talking to the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment